Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bit of an impasse


When asked to add a contribution to this blog, I worked on it for some hours yesterday, posted it, then deleted it. In the end, all that I'm really capable of contributing is the observation that the Monastic Immersion Program is a great opportunity for a person who is just beginning to explore the ideals and practices of monasticism. It is also a fruitful way for a person long familiar with those ideals to live more powerfully a contemplative vocation, whether or not that vocation is specifically to Benedictine monasticism. But I'm not a writer, and for anything worth saying the words I can find are too trite and too hackneyed to make a worthwhile and readable contribution to the blog. Elena is a writer, and I enjoy her contributions and appreciate her generosity in sharing her experiences. 
All the best,
Annon (another member of the 9-month Monastic Immersion Experience) 

1 comment:

  1. I like what you say and I think you are a Great writer. Since god is always in you, saying you are not a writer is a form of prayer. God grants you your prayer. try thanking god often for your ability to write, and watch it blossum.

    ReplyDelete